Have your kids change the system
Stop climbing the walls (and start using them instead)
- Ziploc® brand bags
- Small piece of utility tape (preferably in some fun patterns or colors)!
- Hole punch
- 1. Simply fold a small piece of tape over the easy-open tab on the Ziploc® brand bags.
- 2. Punch a hole through the tape and tab using a hole punch.
- 3. Grab a hook, and hang!
- 4. Tip: With everything on display in clear bags, finding that perfect ribbon or superhero sidekick is a breeze!
Color-coded clean up
Buh-bye lost pieces! See ya later bulky boxes!
Taming toy mountain
Does it seem like your house is always bursting at the seams? Do you cringe when your kid gets another toy from a party? Do you dread birthdays just a little because of all the additional stuff you know you’ll need to make room for? We hear ya. Try implementing a “one-in/one-out” policy! Any time your kid receives a new toy, have them pick out an old one to donate. This helps you maintain your equilibrium when navigating the sea of toys, and teaches kids the importance of giving.
Keep an X-Large or XX-Large Ziploc® Big Bag in their closet or under the bed for the toys destined for donation. As your kids add an item, talk about how another child is going to be thrilled with this toy. Tell them they are making a difference by being so generous and get them excited about giving.
Once the bag is full, simply throw it in the back of the minivan, buckle in your kids, and head to your nearest donation center. You’ll feel relieved about scaling back on stuff, and your kids will feel important. Mom: 1. Toy-nado: 0.