Pick a chore, any chore
- Playing Cards
- Permanent markers
Gather the family and decide what chores need to be done
- 2 Write one chore on the back of each playing card. You can do something fun with the “joker” to make it more exciting. For example: “Switch chores with a sibling.” Even better: “Take the day off!”
- 3 Fan the cards out and have each child pick a designated amount of cards. Kids can also swap cards with each other on their own.
- 4 Get cleaning!
Tip: Store the cards in a Ziploc® container to keep them all together without worrying about losing a card or two, especially if you’ve got a clever one who wants to hide their least favorite chore card!
Leave chores to chance
- Set of dice
- Ziploc® container (to roll the dice)
- 1 Print out the sheet and fill in the lines with chores. Have each child roll the dice to determine which chores he or she will do.
Five in a row, and off you go: chore bingo
- Pen, pencil, marker
- 1 Print out the sheet provided and fill in the squares with chores.
- 2 When children complete each chore, have him or her cross off their spot.
- 3 After getting a “BINGO,” provide a small reward of your choosing, like a preferred activity, coins, their favorite treat, etc.