Game of Forts
Bury a hunt
Sure, snow is great for snowmen and snow angels. But you know what else it’s good for? Hiding things. If you have snow, then you have a perfect playing field for a scavenger hunt. You can use your yard, a local park, or nearby forest preserve. Fill Ziploc® containers with clues and then hide them in different areas—just don’t forget where you hid them :). Each clue will lead hunters to the next container until they find the last container, which can be filled with treats to eat at home with hot cocoa.
DIY Yellow (and other colors) Snow
- Food coloring
- Squirt bottles
Ice Kings And Queens
- 1 large Ziploc® container
- 1 small Ziploc® container
- Rosemary, oregano
- Winter berries
- Citrus peels
- Cold temperatures!
- 1 Place a small Ziploc® container inside a large one and fill both with water.
- 2 Have your little Ice Royalty throw in the herbs, berries and peels to the outside container. Put it outside to freeze.
- 3 Once frozen, use warm water to separate the containers.
- 4 Place a candle (or battery-powered tea light) in the cavity, place along your porch and voila!