Game of Forts
Bury a hunt
Sure, snow is great for snowmen and snow angels. But you know what else it’s good for? Hiding things. If you have snow, then you have a perfect playing field for a scavenger hunt. You can use your yard, a local park, or nearby forest preserve. Fill Ziploc® containers with clues and then hide them in different areas—just don’t forget where you hid them :). Each clue will lead hunters to the next container until they find the last container, which can be filled with treats to eat at home with hot cocoa.Bury a hunt
DIY Yellow (and other colors) Snow
- Food coloring
- Squirt bottles
Ice Kings And Queens
- 1 large Ziploc® container
- 1 small Ziploc® container
- Rosemary, oregano
- Winter berries
- Citrus peels
- Cold temperatures!
- 1 Place a small Ziploc® container inside a large one and fill both with water.
- 2 Have your little Ice Royalty throw in the herbs, berries and peels to the outside container. Put it outside to freeze.
- 3 Once frozen, use warm water to separate the containers.
- 4 Place a candle (or battery-powered tea light) in the cavity, place along your porch and voila!