- Empty jars (I like to reuse old pasta sauce jars!)
- Laminated photocopies of family photos (laminate at local copy shop) Fake trees
- Hot glue or waterproof glue
- Spray glue
- 1 Pour glitter into Ziploc® brand containers for easy clean up!
Using spray glue, spray the top portion of a jar then sprinkle with glitter to create a dipped look. (Be sure to use the spray glue in a well-ventilated area!) I like to sprinkle my glitter over a large Ziploc® brand container for easy clean up and so you can re-use the leftover glitter easily! Isn’t it just so pretty cascading like that?
- 3 Set aside the jar to allow glue to cure. Trim your laminated photos until they fit in the lid of the jar.
- 4 Seal the lid with waterproof glue to prevent any leaking and glue trees in place.
- 5 Glue photo in place amongst the trees.
- 6 Pour glycerin into the jar. (2-3 tablespoons for every 1 cup of water)
- 7 Now comes the best part: pour in the glitter! In this instance, I used white glitter.
- 8 Add water and fill the jar ¾ of the way full.
- 9 Carefully place lid with glued-on items into the liquid. Tighten lid as much as possible to prevent leaking!
- 10 To mask lid, glue ribbon around the rib.
- 11 Everything needs a bit of jingle! Tie a bow around a gold bell and glue in place at the top of the jar.